The Leica ULTRA Utility Tracing System Locator is the best precision locating system for faster, more confident work. This pipe and cable locating system provides one of the most advanced precision utility tracing instruments. Intelligent signal processing has been integrated with unique flexible operating modes to help save you time and increased confidence in your results.
Encompassing an array of high specification features, the Leica ULTRA is optimized specifically for utility tracing, enabling the path of a service to be found and traced efficiently with the highest accuracy and confidence.
Configure for Challenging Environments
The ULTRA locator can be configured for different project environments. Program modes can adapt the antennas to deliver improved accuracy and repeatability. With over 100 programmable operating frequencies available, the operator can optimize the instrument to overcome the most challenging and complex site conditions.
Clear Operational Display
The Leica ULTRA integrates a clear graphical LCD screen, with auto-pinpointing directional arrows. The large backlit display ensures confident and fast tracing in all operating conditions, day or night.
Integrate GNSS & GIS Systems
Integration with GNSS or GIS data capture devices, Leica ULTRA can deliver a true one-man, single step data capture solution for buried utility mapping or surveying applications.
Advanced Location Methods
There are two versions of the locators, the Standard version and the Advanced version. You also have a choice of 5-watt or 12-watt transmitters. With the Advanced locator package, you get a number of innovative locating systems, such as:
Ambient Interference Measurements (AIM)
When working in congested environments, the Leica ULTRA incorporates Ambient Interference Measurement (AIM), which digitally analyzes the surrounding area for noise and recommends the best frequencies for accurate utility tracing.
Trace Utility Under an Obstruction
There will always be an occasion when the utility runs close to or underneath an obstruction. With Offset Measuring, the Leica ULTRA can locate the target line if not directly accessible from above. The function uses the available data to estimate the horizontal and vertical (depth) distance.
Signal Transmitter Remote Communication Link
A cutting-edge communication link between the Leica ULTRA receiver and transmitter enables the engineer to control the transmitter directly from the receiver. No more walking from the tracing line to the transmitter, simply adjust the settings automatically.
The Leica ULTRA enables operators to achieve ‘best in class’ locating and tracing expectations.
Features for the Leica ULTRA Utility Tracing System Locator 5 Watt Transmitter
- Enabled frequencies: 512 Hz, 3.14 kHz, 8.192 kHz, 32.768 kHz, 83.1 kHz, 200 kHz
- Large backlit LCD display with compass
- Up to 100 user-programmable custom frequencies
- Direction-enabled signal helps find utilities in congested areas
- Data logging easily integrates with GNSS or GIS systems
- IP65 dustproof and water jet resistant
- 1-year warranty
- 50 Hz – 200 kHz frequency range
- Up to 20′ depth detection
- Location accuracy: ±5% depth
- Sonde detection
- Optional Bluetooth capability (with Advanced transmitter)
- Optional transmitter control from receiver (with Advanced transmitter)
- User-selected auto shutdown: 5, 10, 20 or 30 minutes
- Dimensions: 27.2”L x 12.8”W x 4.75”H
- Weight: 4.8 lb (2.2 kg)
- Uses 2 D-cell batteries
- Up to 70 hours battery life with intermittent use
- 256 Hz – 200 kHz frequency range
- 16 induction frequencies
- Dimensions: 10”L x 12”W x 7.75”H
- Weight: 7.7 lb (3.4 kg)
- Advanced transmitter has 12V external power connection
- Uses 10 D-cell batteries
- Up to 100 hours battery life